How Create A Professional LinkedIn Account?
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a social networking site specifically designed for the business community. The goal of the site is to allow registered member to establish and document networks of people they know and trust professionally. It is social networking site which is considered the most popular for business to business marketing.
A LinkedIn member’s profile page, which emphasizes skills, employment history, and education, has professional network news feeds and a limited number of customizable modules. Basic membership for LinkedIn is free. Network members are called “connections.” Unlike other free social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter, LinkedIn requires connections to have a pre-existing relationship.
With the basic membership, a member can only establish connections with someone he has worked with, knows professionally (online or offline) or has gone to school with. Connections up to three degrees away are seen as part of the member’s network, but the member is not allowed to contact them through LinkedIn without an introduction. Premium subscriptions can be purchased to provide members with better access to contacts in the LinkedIn database.
The steps for setting up a professional LinkedIn profile:
For being succeeded in online marketing through LinkedIn the very first step is creating a well-optimized LinkedIn professional profile. So, follow the instructions given below to build up your profile.
1. Creating Your Account
2. Personalizing Your LinkedIn Feed
3. Editing Your Profile
The most important steps of creating an account are explained below:
So, for creating an account at first you have to open a LinkedIn web page. Search www.LinkedIn.com to open this page.
There are some text fields in the middle of the page you have to fill those fields. You have to provide information for filling these gaps.
· First Name
· Last Name
· After providing those information’s click the “Join Now” button on the information entry fields.
· After that, click the box below “Country” and this will show you a drop-down menu of countries. And then click your current country of residence.
· Then you will find a “Zip Code” box and fill the field using your current zip code of your country.
· Then click the “Next” box which is below the Zip code box.
· After that click Yes or No to indicate whether you are a student or not.
· Then in the field of job title and the company at which you work you will have to provide your information’s depending on your place of employment, also you have to select a field from an “Industry” box on this page. If you are a student then you have to type your current school name, the year on which you started school and when you will leave the school.
· After that you will have to customize which kind of content and connections you’ll want to see on your LinkedIn Homepage.
The Steps for Personalizing Your LinkedIn Feed is given below:
· At first, you have to select an account personalization option. Then you’ll be prompted to verify your email address. These options control what type of information LinkedIn will show on your Homepage.
ü Finding a job
ü Building my professional network
ü Staying up-to-date with my industry
ü Keeping in touch with my contacts
ü Not sure yet. I’m open!
· After that, you’ll have to open your email address. This should be the account that you used to sign up for LinkedIn. Make sure that you don’t close out of the LinkedIn page when you do this.
· Then you will get a message from the LinkedIn message sender to confirm your email address. If you don’t find this email in your inbox, check the spam folder and update your folder.
· You will find a six-digit code in the email body that was sent to you by LinkedIn Messenger. You can fill the field of confirming email by copying and pasting or typing on your LinkedIn page.
· If you want to import contacts from your email address, click Continue. And choosing to import contacts will prompt you to allow LinkedIn access to your email account, and you’ll need to check each person you wish to add on LinkedIn. If you click skip, you may have to click a pop-up Yes to confirm your decision.
· After that, add a photo of yourself. For this, you can select a photo from your computer. If you don’t want to add photo click skip.
· Then click Continue to save your profile image.
· After that, select channels name that you would like to follow. The channels you decide to follow will determine the kind of information you see on your LinkedIn Homepage.
· Then click Follow and it will save your selected channels. You can even skip this step.
· You can select an influential LinkedIn profile to follow. If you follow this it will show their post on your LinkedIn Homepage.
· Even if you want you can follow a different number of the LinkedIn account and it will show their post on your profile and you can skip this too.
· Now click “Next” which is in the bottom right corner of the screen. Now your LinkedIn profile is officially set up and you can add information about your skills to your account.
The most important step in making your profile is editing your profile.
· Now click “Me” tab which is in the top right corner of your profile to edit your profile.
· You will see a drop-down menu and from this menu click “View Profile.”
· Then click the “pencil icon” of the right of your profile page and it will allow you to edit your introduction. Such as:
ü First Name and Last Name
ü A headline or a brief personal description
ü Your position at your current company
ü Your location information or country zip code
ü A short description of your goals or missions
ü Your school or university
By clicking “Save” save your changes in your LinkedIn Intro.
· Then you can add your professional experience. When you will enter your information about your experience you will have to enter your workplace as well as how long you are working there and your title, a brief summary of your duties. Then click “Save” to save your changes. And it will add a new work experience in your LinkedIn profile.
· Edit a work experience by clicking the pencil icon that is to the right of an experience listed on your profile.
· Then click “Save” to save your changes which are at the bottom of your edit page. Now your LinkedIn profile is complete.
LinkedIn is the most popular social networking site used for business marketing. Generally, it ranks on the first or second. So, this is the best idea to create a professional account on LinkedIn to build up your career. Through this site, you can get more facilities than any other social site to be succeeded in your online career. This is a site where you can find both employers and employees. So you can get a job here easily. But, the most important thing is for getting a good job you have to create a professional account on LinkedIn. Because a professional account will impress the employer and it will help you to get a job. To create an impressive account now.