Information Management Officer
Information Management Officer can help to support and enhance reporting and communication structures in Org. information sharing and reporting processes as part of its overall objective to strengthen accountability in this position.
What type result of the provision services A Org achieves from an Information Management officer?
- High-quality information sharing and messaging, which give affected populations access to essential, relevant and timely information to allow for informed decision making and access to services;
- High-quality information products and services, which give humanitarian partners access to essential, relevant and timely evidence-based data on needs and service gaps, including cross-sectoral analysis, to improve decision-making on a strategic, programmatic direction to improve the response.
- A professional complaint and feedback mechanism that closes the loop on complaints in a timely manner.
Whom does an information management officer report?
He/she reports to the Project Manager, who reports to the Head of Programme.
Functional Responsibilities (The Information Management Officer will:)
- Work in partnership with the Information Management and Reporting Officer in regular duties and responsibilities, including, but not limited to: data cleaning and preparation, oversight and maintenance of internal data collection and management systems, production of ad-hoc and regular reports, as well as representation and/or presentation of Org materials at relevant meetings.
- Develop strong relationships with reporting partners to ensure management and feedback
- developing a technical analysis plan is necessary to increase accountability mechanism in the response
- Meet multiple reporting deadlines for a variety of clients and through a range of mediums where required.
- Act as Officer-in-Charge in the absence of the Project Manager, and will undertake necessary function as requested.
The Information Management Officer will conduct the following tasks:
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and reporting standards and procedures.
- Represent the org at meetings upon request, including but not limited to cluster-level meetings.
- Conduct daily and weekly analysis of call log, tracking cases referred to partners and their level of feedback as it comes in.
- support the overall accountability of humanitarian actors to the affected population.
- Document and perform regular analysis of the impact on the response, including operational developments, achievements, constraints, concerns, and requests for support.
- Analyze data and identify trends for ad-hoc reporting,
- Update standard operating procedures/guidelines in handling calls as required by the team Supervisor and Project Manager,
mission and vision of IMO
The work of the Information Management Officer contributes ..
- To expand the capacity of the ORG’s system and its partners to implement peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations that matter for people in need.
- To satisfy org’s partners with management services that meet world-class standards of quality, speed, and cost-effectiveness.
Strategic goals of the Information Management Officer
- Enhanced accountability and transparency, through the delivery of services that meet or exceed expectations
- Enhanced operational capacity through improved process efficiency and effectiveness of NGO practices
Required Work Experience
- Experience in Monitoring and evaluation/information management/data analysis/database management, preferably in humanitarian contexts;
- Previous experience with mobile data collection (ODK, KOBO)
- Previous experience with Google Forms
- Experience working with data visualization/publishing software (Adobe Creative Suites, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience conducting training/capacity-building on information management or M&E processes
- Fluency in English in addition to Bangla
- Previous experience working with or alongside line ministry or local government staff a plus
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong background in data collection, analysis, and presentation
- Experience in producing high-quality reports
- making public presentations and liaising
- Strong experience in usage of Microsoft Office software package (MS Word, Excel, access, outlook especially)
- Knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations, and Communicating with Communities ( it’s highly recommended if you know the local dialect of communities)
- Knowledge of new data analysis and visualization solutions such as PowerBI and KoboToolBox
- Experience in information management software ()
- Familiarity with professional-grade design software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suites, Canva, Wave, DesignEvo, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Some web development experience also an advantage
- Experience working in the humanitarian field, preferably including the Middle East
- Knowledge of current political, economic, and social fabric
- Working knowledge of communicating with disaster-affected populations and protection response infrastructure